Know Your Trainer!
Ronilla Ernest believes that continued education and training is the best way to demonstrate employee appreciation. It is the key to keeping employees engaged and connected to the organizational vision thus improving the safety culture, employee retention, and productivity.
Her goal is to improve the safety culture by devising an effective strategy for a sustainable proactive safety program. She believes that an effective safety program corelates to organizational excellence by protecting the most valuable asset, it’s employees.
Ronilla’s experience spans over 18 years and covers a wide range of private and public sector organizations.
A successful proactive sustainable safety culture is possible when the organization leadership makes safety a prerequisite.
Ronilla Ernest Founder & CEO
Over the course of her career, she has made outstanding contributions to several organizations including:
- City of Houston
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Montgomery County Public Schools, Maryland
- Multiple federal agencies, including Federal Occupational Health, National Aeronautics and Space Administration Headquarters, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Various consulting companies
Her body of work includes developing, leading, transforming, and improving the safety culture of organizations. She specializes in defining the organizational vision and strategy, establishing proactive safety programs and measurable goals, managing safety programs and teams, and improving employee engagement.
Key capabilities include:
- Performance and compliance improvement to develop sustainable and high performing proactive safety programs
- Process improvement through strengthening existing safety programs and policies
- Streamlining operations by defining strategic vision, measurable goals, and establishing a clear path to meet and exceed the goals
- Incident reduction and process improvement by developing effective solutions to control identified and potential hazards
- Employee engagement improvement through customized employee-centric safety training
Ronilla applies her client-centric approach in helping organizations establish sustainable proactive safety programs that are adaptable and reliable.
Ronilla is fluent in English, Hindi, and Punjabi and can speak and understand Urdu.
She is actively involved in the occupational safety and health field and serves as the Associate Administrator at the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) Public Sector Practice Specialty and the Secretary at the National Safety Council (NSC) Women Division.
Ronilla grew up in India and vividly remembers the tragedy that occurred at the Union Carbide facility in Bhopal, India where 40 tons of methyl isocyanate gas leaked from a pesticide plant on December 3, 1984. That had a deep and lasting impact on her. After coming to the US, Ronilla earned a Master of Public Health degree with emphasis on Industrial Hygiene from University of South Carolina. Since then, she has dedicated her working life to improve safety culture of organizations. She has over 18 years of extensive experience in the occupational safety and health sector working with a wide range of governmental and private organizations across the nation.